WordPress Facebook Photo Galleries
So, I wanted to be able to link my Facebook profile and all of the pages I manage to my WordPress installation, grab all the pictures, and output them as HTML. After going through useless and outdated plugin after another, I decided to roll my own solution.
I’ve been coding WordPress themes for years, but I never actually have needed to create my own plugin before. Without further ado, I hope this helps somebody… here’s the features rundown, usage, and roadmap.
- Connects Facebook profile
- Grabs all Facebook pages you manage
- Allows you to select individual images for a gallery via AJAX
- No limit on the amount of galleries you can create, and you can include multiple galleries in a page or post
- The galleries are accessible via a WordPress shortcode, so they can go anywhere on your website
- Comes with barebones styles, but you can (and certainly should) override these with your own
The whole thing is based out of shortcodes that are generated from the images that you choose. Each gallery is named according to an id so an example implementation would look like such:
… whereas “2″ is the gallery id that is given for you. This results in the following gallery that I’ve created:
- Implement editing of existing galleries
- Implement temporary preview of galleries
- Offer pre-made stylesheets